November 19, 2003
I've learnt one very important lesson about life throughout this year, 2003. That is, many times, you don't have to make decisions when you are caught in a dilemma or when you do not know what's the next step to take in the progress of a relationship. Because, life has its own ways of making decisions for you.
Ya, whoever's up there sure has a weird sense of humor. Many times this year, I find myself having to make decisions between choices that will affect me in 2 different possible and equally important ways. I was often caught in a dilemma this whole year. It's actually an internal struggle. And as I said yesterday, I often ended up talking to myself a lot and trying to weigh my options, priorities and then, come out with a decision that is the best if not most suitable for myself.
Only to find that after making the tough choice, the choice has already been made for me thru some weird twist of fate, some kind of joke. Time and again, therefore, I learnt that if you juz be patient and wait for awhile, you will probably realise that the decision has been made for you, the choice is already made and given no alternative really, you will juz have to make the best out of it.
So, these days, people like to ask me 'so, what's your next step?' or 'What do you plan to do?'. I think I know the answer. That is, I will do what life has in plan for me, and if there is no better alternative that I can determine, I will make the best out of what has been planned for me.
It's ironic, but it's true too. That, it's important to do what you love, but it's more important to love what you do when you can't do what you love.
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 13:28